On Saturday 30 March we hosted our first Teachers’ Conference. Our guest speakers Roger Hunt, Luke Meddings, Jonathan Dykes, Mary Grennan and our very own Sophie Cocault produced a series of motivating and inspiring talks on the theme of “Experiencing Learning” – how do we get people to realise just how much they’re learning in class?
Titles of talks on the day were:
- Experiencing Learning
- Peer Observations: Making the invisible in our Teaching Visible!
- The Reality of Virtual Reality
- Suck it and See: Building Content on Clove Rock
- Quality Classroom Interaction
- Five Generic Approaches to Grammar
Luke tied everything together amazingly in his closing plenary referencing topics as diverse as clove rock, exams, How to speak Hip, having a stash for the man and his current obsession, ‘Derry Girls’ – we still can’t believe nobody’s called Luke a “big ride” before!
We’ll be doing Edition 2 of the conference around same time next year so get your places booked now!